Nationwide Distributor Of Concrete Paint
Delta Polymers is a trusted distributor and supplier of quality concrete repair compounds. One such epoxy material we manufacture is concrete paint. These paints can be used for a variety of industrial applications. We provide our products to customers throughout Long Island and New York, as well as nationwide. For more information about our products, please call us today. Our number is: (631) 254-6240. We will gladly assist you with any questions or concerns you may have on the matter.
Concrete Paint Applications
Painting a concrete floor is a different animal when compared to other paint jobs. That is why the steps for using concrete paint differ when compared to other painting methods.
The first step in the process is to wash the floor with a degreasing solution and rinse it several times until the mop is clean. But before moving on you must make sure that the floor is completely dry. If the floor is showing any signs of water seepage, then that can compromise the job on the whole. The drying can take several days. When applying concrete paint, you may be able to follow these general steps:
- Sand and Vacuum the Floor: Any old paint or uneven surfaces must be sanded off and vacuumed to make the surface as smooth as possible. Afterwards, any leftover residue should be wiped down with a cloth.
- Cracks and Holes Must Be Filled: Any cracks or holes in the concrete floor must be filled using a special patch compound. A trowel can be used to push the compound into any depressions. Once applied, it must thoroughly dry.
- Apply The Primer: Two coats of primer can be applied using a paint roller. The floor must be completely dry before applying the second coat. If the floor surface is already very smooth, perhaps only one coat is needed.
- Apply The Epoxy Paint: Two to three coats of the paint is required. Apply it by using a clean paint roller or paint compressor. Between each coat, let the floor dry completely otherwise the end result will be compromised.
- Apply Masonry Sealer: The final step is to apply a few coats of masonry sealer. This can be done with a clean roller or compressor. And like each step proceeding this one, the floor must be completely dry before applying a new coat.
These are the basic steps required in the application of paint for concretes. Please be sure to follow any instructions that come along with the product. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any issues or questions regarding the application of concrete paint.
Request A Free Quote Today
Delta Polymers is a trusted manufacturer of concrete paint. If you have any questions about this material or need any concrete paint yourself, please contact us today. We have years of experience in the industry and can help you with any issues you might have about this process or our epoxy products in general. Though located on Long Island, we ship nationwide for your convenience.